Monday, July 7, 2008

These Springers are HIGH MAINTENANCE!!

George and I often talk about how much we miss our dog Dakota (in particular how calm he was) when we look at our two Springer Spaniels, Maggie and Omar and think about what they put us through on a fairly regular basis. The other morning was one of those mornings.

Typical morning. Alarm went off. I got up first. George was still sleeping. I went down stairs, let the dogs out and jumped in the shower. As I got out of the shower I heard George rushing down the hall way. I could tell by the way he was moving there was something wrong so I quickly threw my clothes on and ran out to see what was the matter.

I got into the kitchen and as I entered the room I realized dogs were barking frantically, George was yelling at them and I was immediately struck by the smell of SKUNK!! UGH!!!

Our first conclusion (based on a fairly consistant past history) was that Omar was the problem. He was, after all, the one barking and he is ALWAYS the one causing trouble. We quickly jumped into action scrubbing Omar with Nature's Miracle (which doesn't work very well by the way). We soon realized that Omar really didn't smell very bad but someone did, so we turned to Maggie. Our little Mag Pie?! The sweet and precious Maggles who never does anything wrong and we suddenly realized that she REEKED!! Not just a little stinky, but full on REEKED!!

Maggie got sprayed direct hit in the face and chest. Poor baby (we feel sorry for her because she really doesn't ever get into trouble). We scrubbed and scrubbed and finally realized (after I am now 2 hours late for work AND I smell like a skunk too) that our only hope was to take her to the groomers and have her shaved.


OH THEY SMELL!!!

This photo doesn't give this hair cut justice.

She looks like a Walrus and still smells very bad!


We think that Maggie and Omar feel the need to constantly test our love. We are praying for the day when they just trust and know that we think they are precious and perhaps they realize that being calm and boring is OK once in a while.

1 comment:

George said...

I definitely feel you have not been fair to Omar in this posting.

Omar is a good boy who is simply misunderstood.